We can help you make the move to WordPress.
Are you tired of battling with your current CMS? Making the move to WordPress makes managing your site easy.
There are a lot of sites out there on clunky old CMSs. If your site is one of these, we can help you move to WordPress to drastically improve your site. Our experienced WordPress developers can make the transition smooth and hassle-free.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- You have to edit HTML directly to get things done
- You don’t seem to be able to edit the simplest of things on your site
- Your current WordPress agency has locked you out of pretty much everything and charges a fortune to make changes
- Things on your site just seem to keep breaking
- You can’t manage menus, page structure or add new content
- There’s nowhere to check and edit your on-page SEO
If any of these apply to you, then it might be a good time to move to WordPress and take control of your site.
How moving to WordPress works
There are two main options when considering moving your site to the WordPress CMS:
- Keep the design of the site pretty much the same as the current site, but rebuild the backend on WordPress
- Take the move as an opportunity to update the current design and build a new site
You may well be perfectly happy with the overall look and feel of your current site, so we can keep this the same on your new WordPress site.
This can help to reduce project costs and will give you a site that’s simply easier to manage and update.
If you do want to look at refreshing the design somewhat, we can add in stages to the project to address this.
You might want to start completely from scratch – we’d then consider it a new website project, which follows a slightly different process.
Everything you need and nothing you don’t
Moving to WordPress is a great opportunity to get rid of any functions that you don’t use and build in things you do need.
We’ll help you look at:
- Exactly what the site needs to do
- What WordPress plugins & functions will be required to do this
- Specific page templates and layouts for key site pages
- Customising the admin pages to make managing content intuitive and quick
Moving your content to WordPress
If you’re already on a CMS, there’s a good chance we can automatically migrate your content from it straight into WordPress.
This saves a lot of time and money.
If this can’t be done, it’s often the time for good old copy & paste, but this process is made easier by having the appropriate fields in your new WordPress site to move the content into.
Building a responsive and SEO-ready site
All the sites we build are fully responsive and optimised for fast loading times. We also use the awesome Yoast plugin to help you take control of your on-page SEO and to see just how well optimised your content is.
We don’t use off-the-shelf WordPress themes for larger sites. We have our own theme to which we add all the functions you need.
Our theme also only uses core WordPress functions, meaning that it’s future proof and won’t need to be completely rebuilt year after year.
Get started with a free review of your current site
If you’re considering moving to WordPress, we can take a quick look at your current site and provide you with a free estimate to complete the project.
We’ll audit your current site to give you a benchmark score, check your current SEO and rankings and provide a proposal detailing what we can do, what this will improve and how much it will cost.
If you’d like to chat through the process on the phone, give us a call on 01295 266644.
Move to WordPress