Moving your site to WordPress needs to be done properly.
If you have a website built on another CMS like Squarespace or Magento, you are going to have content that already ranks in the search engines and an existing URL structure.
Moving your site to WordPress is more than simply copying over the text and image content – care has to be taken to maintain URL structures and existing SEO.
In short, the process involves a step-by-step procedure:
- A complete technical, on-page and off-page SEO review of your current site
- Full content and internal linking review
- Page structure and URL structure review
- Automated migration of content (where possible)
- Rebuild of page and post hierarchy (if required)
- Rebuild of categories, tags and product taxonomy (if required)
- Rebuild of post and page content (if required)
- 301 redirects (if required)
There’s obviously theme and template work that also needs to be complete, but the above steps help to ensure your new WordPress site matches your old one as closely as possible.